Fast Bag is a service available exclusively to Airpoints™ Elite, Gold, Elite Partner and Koru members. Pick up your checked bag right beside the aircraft on Air New Zealand regional domestic flights.
In June 2021, we made some changes to Fast Bag and it's important to know what's different.
Updated November 2021.
When can you use Fast Bag?
Fast Bag is a regional travel benefit exclusively available to our Airpoints™ Elite, Gold, Elite Partner and Koru members only.
You can use Fast Bag on regional flights (flight numbers NZ5000-NZ5999 and NZ8000-NZ8999 flown by the Q300 and ATR aircraft).
You can only use Fast Bag if:
- Your ticket includes one piece of checked-in baggage. This could be a seat+bag, flexichange or flexirefund ticket. If you are travelling on a seat only ticket, you can upgrade your ticket to seat+bag online
- You're travelling with just one checked bag
- Your bag weighs less than 15kg and is not oversized (such as bikes or golf bags)
- Your bag does not contain any restricted items, like spare or loose batteries
- Your flight has no stopovers or connections