Long haul Economy
Economy is available on all Boeing 787-9, 777-300 and 777-200 long haul services operated by Air New Zealand.
Economy deal : 05 May - 24 Jun, 12 Aug - 23 Sep, 4 Oct - 11 Dec 2019
Premium Economy / Business Premier deal: 13 May-04 Jul 2019
* Fare Deals Terms & Conditions
1. Fares stated above exclude taxes & fuel surcharges of approximately ¥2,315. All prices are quoted in Chinese Yuan (￥).
2. Seats are limited for the above fare and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
3. Cancellation: non-refundable.
5. Changes before departure: Subject to ￥1,000 change fee per ticket per transaction and applicable fare difference. The new fare must be equal or greater than the original ticket. Service fees apply.
Penalty of ￥3,000 applies. Service fees apply.
-Economy special deal/deal: Do not apply.
-Premium Economy deal, Business Premier deal: Subject to ￥1,000 change fee per ticket per transaction and applicable fare difference. The new fare must be equal or greater than the original ticket. Service fees apply.
6. For passengers encountered NZ entry visa rejection, it is fully refundable with only a process fee of ¥50 per person. Copy of Passport with an official visa rejection by Immigration New Zealand should be submitted as supporting document 14 days prior to departure date.
7. See other fare conditions. Other restrictions may apply.
8. Air New Zealand reserves the right to change the above conditions and any routing exclusion without prior notice.
*Please refer to our Year-round Fares Terms and Conditions that located at the bottom of the page.
Make yourself comfortable
At Air New Zealand, we make sure everyone has a super-comfy flight. It all starts with our slim-line seats with sculptured upholstering and flexible headrest. These ergonomic details mean you'll enjoy a deeper and more restorative sleep. And you'll have plenty to keep you entertained before you nod off. Each seat has an integrated 9" HD touch screen with hundreds of hours of fun at the tap of a finger. And if you want to power your own devices, you're welcome to use your individual USB socket or shared in-seat power connection.
Drag to explore our Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Economy
Place yourself at the centre of the Air New Zealand cabin experience and take a 360° tour*.
You can also take a 360° tour to see our Economy Skycouch™
With our Economy fares, you will get:
- A standard seat
- A carry-on bag of up to 7kg
- Checked-in bag of up to 23kg^
- Inflight meal
- Inflight Entertainment
- Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points on every flight^^
Seats are 17.2" wide, with a pitch of 31-33" and 5" recline.
The dimensions and configurations of our aircraft may vary depending on the specific type of aircraft you are flying on. Please refer to our detailed seat maps to discover the seating configuration, pitch, and dimensions for your flight. To find out the aircraft type for your journey use our flight schedules.
Your comfort is our priority and that's why you'll enjoy one of the best Economy seats in the sky. The ergonomic design creates generous personal space to ensure a relaxing journey.
If more room is the main priority, upgrade to our innovative Economy Skycouch™ and stretch out to make the whole row your own.
Enjoy the fresh flavours of fine New Zealand food and wine with Air New Zealand’s world-renowned menus. You'll enjoy a dining experience full of super fresh ingredients and flavours and an extensive range of premium New Zealand wines to complement each meal.
You can also pre-order special meals when you book.
Just wait until you discover our inflight entertainment. Your touchscreen is packed with the latest content, including movies (with tons of new releases in High Definition), TV shows and box set series, brand new singles and multi-player games. Developed in New Zealand, the intuitive design is similar to an app on your mobile phone or tablet. This lets us bring you more features and entertainment than ever before, and makes it a breeze to use.
Find out what's showing onboard this month.
We make sure kids feel just as welcome as grown-ups and we do our very best to keep them happy and entertained every step of the way. Our inflight entertainment system is also designed to be kid-friendly and it's packed full of fun stuff to keep them smiling from takeoff to landing.
Discover more about flying with children on Air New Zealand.
The information displayed is for travel on solely Air New Zealand operated long haul services. Some journeys may include travel on partner airlines, where the aircraft and inflight experience may differ.
* The 360° panorama is of our 787-9 service. Please note when on board the 777-300 and 777-200 long haul services your experience may be different to what is shown in this panorama.
^For Economy fares to Shanghai, Singapore and Taipei, the baggage allowance is two checked bags. Effective from 19 September 2018, For Economy fares departing Australia to the USA (excluding Honolulu), South America, and Canada, the baggage allowance is two checked bags. If travelling with more than one carrier, please refer to the section when travelling on a ticket with more than one carrier.
^^ Eligible for Airpoints Dollars except when purchased with Airpoints Dollars or grabaseat Greenlight fares. Eligible for Status Points except when purchased with Airpoints Dollars.