Find out how to receive our travel alert information.
Getting in touch with us 💜
We continue to receive an extremely high number of calls, messages, and emails, which is greatly affecting our response time. Thank you for your continued patience while you wait to connect with us.
On occasion, depending on your query, it may take up to 3 hours to speak with one of our Contact Centre experts.
Our most commonly asked queries are about government-set COVID-19 vaccination, pre-departure, and entry requirements. Our COVID-19 hub is here to help guide you through current travel requirements and will direct you to the relevant Government website for information relating to your destination.
As all vaccination, pre-departure, and entry requirements are set by the Governments of each transit/destination country, there is no need to reach out to us to confirm the information shown online.
Frequently asked travel queries
Our website is full of information to help throughout your journey. We recommend checking for details prior to reaching out to our Contact Centre, Social Media, and Email Support teams for further assistance.
Top spots for information:
- You can monitor the status of your flight here.
- View, change or cancel your flight bookings, as well as add a seat request or prepaid extra bag via Manage Bookings.
- Find more information about credits here, or view and use yours with our online credit tool.
- Visit our COVID-19 hub to see what to expect when travelling and also review your travel requirements.
- If you're heading off around Aotearoa with your pet, check out what's required here.
We also recommend downloading the Air NZ mobile app to stay up to date with your bookings.
If you’re an Airpoints member, sign in to your account to tailor your travel alerts.
Other points to keep in mind:
- For customers looking to use a credit to make a new booking, please note that credits can't be combined with Airpoints Dollars. Once your credit has been applied, any remaining amount will need to be paid for using a credit/debit card or via POLi internet banking.
- Prepaid extra baggage is only available when your journey is solely operated by Air New Zealand. If another airline makes up part of your journey, excess baggage fees will apply at check-in based on the baggage rules of your ticket.
- While you are not required to show proof of vaccination to travel on an Air New Zealand operated domestic or international service, any vaccination and pre-departure testing requirements of your transit or destination countries still apply.
- If you have any questions or are having difficulty completing your New Zealand Traveller Declaration, please reach out to the NZTD Contact Centre for assistance.
Changes to New Zealand Entry Requirements
Following an announcement from the New Zealand Government, travellers no longer need to present a negative COVID-19 pre-departure test to enter New Zealand.
Please remember, if you are arriving in New Zealand you are still required to complete a New Zealand Traveller Declaration.
If you are transiting through New Zealand you no longer need to be vaccinated or complete a New Zealand Traveller Declaration.
Anyone with COVID-like symptoms can choose between showing a negative COVID test, or a certificate from a health professional stating that they are unlikely to have COVID-19 before travelling.
Travel between New Zealand and USA
Following an update from the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), air passengers travelling to the USA are no longer required to present a negative COVID-19 test result, or documentation of recovery from COVID-19, before they board their flight.
More information about this change can be found here.