Long haul Global Flexi fares
Global Flexi fares can be changed at any time. There's no change penalty to pay, except where you no-show for your flight, although you'll have to pay the difference in the cost of the new fare (if any) plus a service fee.
These fares apply to bookings in Economy and Premium Economy service classes.
Terms & conditions for online booking
- Tickets are not transferable to another person
- Date changes and rerouting are permitted at any time by contacting us. Please note a contact centre service fee of NZD $60 per seated passenger, per change is payable for changes made from within New Zealand (for changes made from outside of New Zealand, you will be charged the local service fee applicable in the country you're calling from) and where a change requires the purchase of a higher priced fare, the difference between the original fare and the upgraded fare is also payable
- If cancelled before travel commences, full refund applies provided the ticket is cancelled before departure unless previously upgraded from a Global Saver fare when the amount paid for the Global Saver fare, and the cancellation penalty for the original fare remains non-refundable. In the event of no-show, changes permitted, NZD $300 change penalty applies
- Global Flexi fares earn Airpoints Dollars™ and are eligible for Airpoints™ companion tickets on Air New Zealand operated flights unless purchased with Airpoints Dollars
- The fare level for children (2 - 11 years) is 75% of the applicable adult fare if accompanied by an adult (Exception: Children's fares for long-haul international flights originating in US and Canada are the same as adult fares)
- One infant (0 - 23 months) not requiring a seat may travel with each adult at the infant fare level (10% of the applicable adult fare (exclusive of fees & airport & government costs) for international flights), with subsequent infants travelling at the child fare level. Note: If an infant turns 2 years of age at any point of the journey the infant must occupy a seat and purchase a child fare for the entire journey
- Bookings made online do not incur booking service fees. Please note that bookings made through an Air New Zealand contact centre will incur a booking service fee of NZD $60 per seated passenger, per one way journey
* Long haul means any flights for international sectors other than flights between New Zealand, Australia, Honolulu, Bali, Tahiti, the Cook Islands, Fiji, New Caledonia, Niue, Samoa, Tonga or Vanuatu.