Flexi Plus fares
Terms and conditions
- Fares may be changed to another Air New Zealand domestic fare before or after departure by contacting us. Additional payments will apply as follows:
- through a Contact Centre or airport, a service fee of NZD $30 per person, per one-way journey applies. No service fee applies to changes made online*
- where a change requires the purchase of a higher priced fare, the difference between the original fare and the upgraded fare is payable
- no service fees or fare difference will apply to flight changes made at the airport on the day of departure where changing to an earlier or later flight** departing that day. Flight changes are subject to seat availability. All other changes will be subject to the above service fees plus any Fare Difference
- Flexi Plus fares are fully refundable up until departure (unless previously upgraded from a Smart Saver fare when the amount paid for the Smart Saver fare remains non-refundable)
- Cancellations made after departure will incur a NZD $50 refund fee per person, per one-way journey
- Full refund of unused tickets in the event of death of the passenger or his/her immediate family or any person booked to accompany the passenger
- Name changes are not permitted
- Airpoints™ members will earn Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points when travelling on Flexi Plus fares. See the earning rates look up table.
- Child discounts do not apply
- One infant (0-23 months) not requiring a seat may travel with each adult at the infant fare level (free of charge for domestic New Zealand flights), with subsequent infants travelling at the applicable child fare level
- Flexi Plus fares are one-way and may be combined with other fare types as follows:
- may only be combined with other domestic New Zealand fares
- may not be combined with international fares unless booked in Y class
- Bookings made online do not incur booking service fees. Please note that bookings made through an Air New Zealand Contact Centre or via Tandem Travel will incur a booking service fee calculated per person each one-way journey
Note: changes to limited life sale fares once sales have expired are only permitted by paying the difference to upgrade to a higher fare.
* Online changes available if original booking is made online and must be completed at least 24 hours prior to departure. Bookings made through our Contact Centre after 17 July 2013 may also be changed online. Please note - not all bookings are able to be accessed online.
** With the same origin and destination within New Zealand only. Please note that we are unable to change your flight if you have already checked in your baggage for your scheduled flight.
1 Flights booked in conjunction with Airpoints reward classes (x,i), and travel industry classes (n,r) and free tickets, prize competition tickets and tickets purchased using Airpoints Dollars or Fly Buys points are not eligible to earn Airpoints Dollars or Status Points.
See the Airpoints™ terms and conditions for full programme details.